With barbeque season upon us, being vegan in a family of carnivores can prove challenging. This salad is a crowd pleasers for vegans and meat eaters alike. It gives you all the feels of tuna fish and chicken salads with all the plant based benefits.
It is super quick and easy to make, cost effective and can be made gluten free by using our favorite Banza pasta!
Chickpea Pasta Salad
- 1 16oz can of drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 3 large celery stalks diced thinly
- ¼ white onion diced
- 1 box cooked and rinsed Banza pasta (or your favorite brand)
- 2 tbs dill relish
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper (more to taste if you’d like)
- 1 tsp dried or fresh dill
- 1 tbs fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup vegan mayo
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- In a big mixing bowl, begin to mash the chickpeas until ¾ of them are smashed – leaving a few whole.
- Add in everything besides the pasta and mix together until combined.
- Add the cooked pasta in and mix together.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the fridge to chill for about an hour.