One of the biggest challenges for me when I made the decision to go plant-based with my nutrition was what would I eat for breakfast. This was also the meal that I often slipped up on the most. How do you do even eat breakfast without eggs, bacon and some buttered toast?!
This is one of our favorite breakfasts! It is great on its own, paired with some vegan cinnamon rolls, favorite potato dish, or some toast with Earth Balance butter!
- ½ head of large cauliflower chopped
- ½ white onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups of chopped fresh kale or spinach
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs chopped green onions (optional)
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbs nutritional yeast
- 2 tbs favorite shredded vegan cheese (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in green peppers and onions and cook for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add in chopped cauliflower and a tablespoon of water. Cover the skillet and let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add more water if cauliflower begins to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once cauliflower is fork tender add in all the seasonings except for the nutritional yeast.
- Stir until well combined. The turmeric should turn the cauliflower a yellowish color that resembles scrambled eggs. BE CAREFUL here as turmeric can stain almost everything but is delicious.
- Add in the kale and spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Cook for 2-3 more minutes, stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and top with fresh tomatoes, green onions and your favorite vegan cheese.